I’ve got to admit to being a little distracted. Not from sewing. I’m more distracted by all the things I’m dying to make right this second.
I do have every intention of posting more as I actually finish projects. Some of those are five minutes to wrap something up, but others are weeks worth of work. To that end, here’s a list of what I’m passionate about at the moment…and what might turn into a post sooner or later:
- Bra Fitting and Design – My bosom has gotten not just a wee bit bigger recently, and its definitely time for some better support. However, instead of the misery and expense of traditional bra shopping, I’d like to try my hand at making my own lingerie. Status: enraptured in theory, researched materials and sourcing, started sketching.
- Serging – I just got my very own serger, so obviously one of my goals is to gain comfort and skill in utilizing this fabulous tool. Status: Threaded and working! First garment in process. More advanced techniques to come.
- Update to My Colors – I’m a Warm Autumn, and I’m having trouble with the Spring colors out there right now. I want to incorporate some colors for this season, and yet keep things flattering. Status: Notes taken, need to write post.
- Comfortable Everyday Clothing for Spring and Summer – Another significant goal of mine is to fill in the spring and summer holes in my wardrobe with comfortable basics in flattering styles and colors. Status: One garment in process (see above), some thrift shopping done, and fabric chosen for a few wrap skirts and drapy tops.
- Gorgeous Velvet Going Out Skirt – I want to make a slightly larger, stretchier copy of my favorite skirt. Instead of lace with a satin lining, I chose a lovely silver velvet. Status: Fabric in hand, time to draft the pattern.
- DIY Dress Form – To spare my partner the frustration of trying to be my third and forth hand for fitting, I really want my own dress form. Status: I’ve picked my method, waiting until I make a bra that fits to go under it, and waiting a bit to see if my weight stabilizes.
Here’s hoping I’m brimming with as much energy as I have inspiration in the next few weeks!